top of page

Building Owner

Proposing a building project? In the Act, a Building Owner is described as an owner of land who is desirous of exercising rights under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996. It is the Building Owner's responsibility to notify and acquire neighbour's consent for works which fall under the scope of the Act.

Matters we can assist you with 




Party Wall London are able to serve notices on your behalf under the specified sections and regulations of the Act. 

Providing you with a step by step guidance on how to successfully execute your project when a dissent with a neighbour occurs. 

Settle matters of fees between neighbours when use of a party structure is subsequently made by the adjoining owner. 

The Party Wall etc. Act only becomes invoked once a Party Wall Notice has been served onto the Adjoining Owners. It is important to serve the appropriate Notices to surrounding properties prior to any works commencing as Adjoining Owners can apply for an injunction at court, which will force your project to stop. Types of works that are within the scope of the Act and must be notified are: constructions of new walls at the line of junction, alterations to a party wall structure, excavations close to neighbouring properties. 


Party Wall London advises building owners on all Party Wall matters. Appoint us as your Party Wall Surveyor to receive assistance with such construction works. Our appointment during the preliminary stages of your building project will ensure that Party Wall matters are taken into account during the design stage and eliminate issues further down the line. 

bottom of page